Summary of Experience
Over 18 years experience designing and art directing print and web communications, including seasonal
brochures, magazines, catalogs, print ads, newsletters, annual reports, logos, and websites.
6 years of experience in directing photography for print and web communications.
JAFRA COSMETICS - WESTLAKE, CA
Creative Manager: 2012 - 2018
Manage a team of two designers and two copywriters in the design and production of all marketing, advertising and communications materials.
- Hands on Creative Director, work on different projects at the same time.
- Provide the creative direction for photography (e.g., photo shoots), print materials and web communications, including seasonal brochures and catalogs
- Produce marketing materials that align with corporate branding and achieve sales goals
- Ensure that all creative is at the leading edge and ahead JAFRA’s competitors
- In charge of press checks for monthly publications
URBAN HOME - OXNARD, CA
Senior Art Director: 2009 - 2012
Led design direction for all print and web related communications.
- Designed weekly promotional newsletters, print ads, postcards, flyers, and in-‐store and outdoor signage
- Provided updates to website, graphics, and photography using CMS system
- Oversaw the photography for new products and advertising campaigns
- Ensured that all communications aligned with marketing objectives and sales goals
STAR MARKETING AND MEDIA - CAMARILLO, CA
Senior Graphic Designer: 2005 - 2009
Led design direction and team of three designers while maintaining client relationships.
- Provided project management, scheduling, and coordinated outside resources for the production of monthly newsletters for a variety of clients
- Repositioned and developed new marketing campaigns for a radio station looking to develop a new market niche and grow aggressively
- Maintained and fostered client relationships
TBWA CHIAT DAY - GUATEMALA CITY
Creative Director: 1998 - 2001
Led design direction to a team of three design professionals, a copy writer and executive, and maintained client relationships.
- Created new strategies and advertising campaigns on a monthly basis for various companies, such as Kodak, Kiss FM, and Domino’s Pizza
- Provided creative for print, TV, radio, brand ID, logos, displays and presentations for trade fairs on an international level.
- Created annual reports and sales collateral
TIPOSGRAPHICART - GUATEMALA CITY
Senior Graphics Designer: 1992 - 1998
Led team in the design and production of an art magazine, and developed brand ID.
- Served as Creative Director for ARTERIA Magazine, responsible for visual concepts and content
- Created design products (e.g., music CDs) for several clients in the art industry
- Repositioned and developed new marketing campaigns for local companies
- Created brand ID for trade shows and fairs
- Designed numerous logos and branding
Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Distiller, Dreamweaver, Freehand, Microsoft Office, iMovie, Keynote, PowerPoint.
B.A., Graphic Design, Landivar University, Guatemala, 1994
Additional coursework and workshops include:
- How Live, REACH Accelerating Creative leadership Conference, NY, 2017.
- How Design Live Design conference 2016, Atlanta.
- Film Direction, Moorpark College, 2007.
- Conceptual Art Workshop with Mexican Curator Guillermo Santa Marina, Galeria Velia de Bico, 2001.
- Photography Workshop, Kodak Miami, Raúl Tuzón, Antigua Guatemala, 2000.
- “How to Write Fiction” Workshop, Landivar University, Guatemala, 2000.
- Creativity Workshop, Guatemalan Artist -‐ Luis Gonzalez Palma, Colloquia, 2000.
Select Awards and Honors
- First place in the poster contest “MYRNA MACK,” Guatemala, 2006.
- Finalist in the international contest “Imagining Ourselves,” based on the global project “Imagining Ourselves,” Museum of Women, San Francisco, California 2005.
- Merit Award in the international logo design contest for “WACC”, Holland, 2000.
- Merit Award in postcard and t-shirt design,“How International Magazine”, USA, 1995.